Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Swim. Bike. Run.




I'm at it again! You know I love to have a goal to motivate myself and I love variety soooo.....I'm doing my first sprint TRIATHLON! On September 14, 2008, I will enter the SHEROX Tri in Charlotte. It's a half-mile swim, 17 mile bike and 3.1 mile run at Latta Plantation Nature Preserve. I'm so excited. The last time I was able to swim this far was as a sophomore at Peace College - and I've never raced in open water.


I have invested in a Trek road bike, swim cap and goggles! Yesterday I logged 12 miles on wheels and tomorrow I will attempt 10 laps at the pool (in preparation for nearly 40!). I have kept up my running and plan to reward myself with these in July:



I can't wait to tackle this - and I'll keep you posted on my training as I go. If you'd like to join me - contact me and meet me there.
TTFN,
Bess

















Do or do not. There is no try - Yoda, the Jedi Master

1 comment:

Noonie said...

Ok. I was feeling it until I read the 40 laps and swim cap and now I'm scared again. I think I'll go swim some laps on Sunday and see how I do.
LOVIN' THE SHOES!