Friday, December 7, 2007

T&C Adventures - Continued

Well, it's day four and I've got four words for ya: This does not suck!

Wednesday night was a blast. We went to Grace's Cottage for dinner and it was one of the top dining experiences I've ever had. It was the fanciest place - they even put my purse on a little bamboo stool beside my chair so I could reach it easier. We started out with the conch appetizer which was incredible. The plate itself was beautiful. Neal had the Red Snapper with a sweet vinegary watercress salad and the best grits we've ever had. I had the Grouper in a lemon butter sauce that was sugary and reminded me of lemon meringue pie. Its accompaniment was avocado fritters -OMG. I had two glasses of Mumm's Cordon Rouge Champagne and we ended the meal with an incredible chocolate souffle and homemade vanilla ice cream.
Happy Bessie dancing around on our porch after dinner. We walked down to the beach for a while and sat on a Hobie Cat to watch falling stars and plan for Thursday.

Of course, Thursday didn't go quite as planned. We had reserved a Carolina Skiff to go explore the reefs and the coasts of Provo. We were all packed and ready to go when Mike called and said ix-nay on the oat-bay. Ooooo-Bay. He said it was too rough for the flat bottom boat. So, we called an audible and went to the beach for most of the day. Here I am floating around in the Atlantic:

After a bunch of reading and PB&J sandwiches for lunch, we hit the pool. We had fun with the underwater feature - can you tell?

And then......
We went horseback riding on the BEACH! Oh my goodness it was so much fun!
Here I am riding off in the sunset.


More to come.....


No comments: