Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hallowed Songs of the Holiday

and whosoever shall be found.....without the soul for getting down.....

So ends one of my favorite Halloween songs. I think I was twelve when Michael Jackson's Thriller debuted on December 2, 1983 on MTV. It's amazing that almost 25 years later, I can still feel a thrill when I hear Vincent Price's laugh at the end. I can still see the dancing zombie number and the evil yellow eyes that Michael flashes in the last scene.

Here are my other Halloween picks:

FRANKENSTEIN - by the Edgar Winter Group. Of course, my favorite version was performed by Phish on Halloween 1996 at the Omni in Atlanta.

HIGHWAY TO HELL - that's right, AC/DC.

SUPERSTITION - Stevie Wonder

FIRE WOMAN - the Cult

WEREWOLVES OF LONDON - Warren Zevon

ttfn....

No comments: